Followers

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Craftroom Style

I'm VERY blessed to have a room that is just mine for crafting!
The room has gone through an evolution of uses, starting with a guestroom, a preschool classroom, an office, and now (for many years) is my craftroom.
It has a few layers of paint on the walls, miss matched furniture
(mostly from the Salvation Army), and NO style of it's own.
Every time I sit in there I think to myself, "self.... this room needs help!"
Then I answer myself, "self... are you crazy?
This would be a nightmare to re-decorate... it's so full of your stuff!"
That added to the fact that I just can't decide on a color or feel for the room.
So today I've sat with my computer and looked at other rooms
(mostly craftrooms) and tried to find my craftroom's style.
I can't. So I've posted some pictures below that I love...
I've made some brief comments under the picture as to why I love it.
PLEASE... help me with your opinions and ideas.

I love the soft neutrals of this room.
That along with the miss matched furniture makes it seem reachable for me....
and it looks good kinda messy! I really like this look (for a craftroom)

Also like the soft colors here, it seems much neater, and the walls are white.

I like the all white of this room.
I LOVE color so I'm not sure what it is that I like.
Maybe the way the red pops, and you could easily change your accent color.
MMM pink! I LOVE pink, and this soft pink is very pleasing to me.
The shabby chic look is so me.


This has the same soft look.

I grouped the two of these together. I LOVE pink and black, and the more elegant look.

I'm in love with the colors, and the feel of the room.
I just worry that it would be limiting with such a light color.
And would look messy with all my stuff.
Same as the one above. How would my messy craft stuff look in such a beautiful space?


I don't like this blue as much,
but it seems like it's more accepting of the bright colors in the room.

I like this kinda beachy look.

Black and whit are always good, and you can add an accent color on a whim.
LOVE it... but don't think I could keep it looking that great.

I LOVE this color of green.... would I sicken of it? Possibly.

Here's a softer green that I really like.... I LOVE green.
More green

and even more green! Did I tell you I like green?
I just covet this paper.... I want this storage system.

So please offer your thoughts. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks!

4 comments:

  1. wow, all of those are beautiful. I could not keep them clean. Looking at your color scheme of your blog you have pink and brown. I love the soft colors in the first picture so way not go soft then accent with some color, then if you get sick of it you can change the accents. I love the mix and match look. But it is your room. Follow your heart and let us know what you decide on. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buffie, first I just love the photos you found. Lovely. Second, I think that you are in love with them because they are crisp and clean. BUt, who wouldn't. :) I think if you painted your walls a light neutral. Like a super pale grey, pink, green, etc. it would add some dimension to your walls. Add the white furnisher (what ever manufacturer you decide) and your own crafted accents. Make sure you have a large enough desk to work with, and some super great lighting at your desk (OTT light) and possibly an extra chair (if room allows). Decorate with stuff you have made, and 'things' to showcase your stuff (card rack, bulletin board, etc.). Make it 'yours'. HOpe this helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those rooms are just fabulous! I craft at the dining room table. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete