Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Post Christmas, Christmas Post

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
We had a joyful family time, AND it was a white Christmas...
which is rare in New Mexico.
I wanted to post a few pictures of some of the things I made over the season,
and some of our Christmas family fun time that for whatever reason I didn't get posted.

I saw this wreath on Pintrest,
made with white feathers. I found the red glitter snow flakes at Hobby Lobby,
and used them for my front porch decorations.

This is also a Pintest idea.
Melted snowman ornament.
So simple, salt, pepper corns, and orange paper cone nose.
Lauren and I made a dozen of these... cute!

This is my old Christmas tree.
We put it out on the front porch with gold balls,
and the red glitter ornaments.
The tree got to enjoy one of our 5 December snow storms
when the wind blew the snow into the porch.

Savanna, Lauren, and her boyfriend Justin
spend an evening making gingerbread houses.
Christmas Lunch
We had prime rib, ham, mac and cheese, cream of spinach,
salad, cheesy potatoes, passoli and Birthday cake.
All the cousins!
We were also bit by the "elf on a shelf" craze.
Lauren had seen posts on Pintrest and asked my why we didn't do that?
I thought that because my girls were 20 & 14
we were past that stage in our Christmas celebrations.
But Nooooo..... Lauren and I took the elf (from my childhood)
and the fun began.
I have to say that Lauren and I were the only ones in the house who found the fun in it.

Army men tied the elf up.
Elf got crazy in my craftroom with the wrapping paper.
Elf in the freezer with snowballs
(this is when he first started to wear the sweater).
Elf baking cookies.
Elf tied to the train tracks under the tree.



I'm linking to:

5 comments:

  1. i love the elf idea, i have never seen it before, i will defiantly be adopting this idea in the future :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I thought that this was so great that I featured it in my "100 Jolly Christmas Crafts & Decorations"! Have a great day! http://www.aspectacledowl.com/100-christmas-crafts-decorations/

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA You two are so funny!!! I went to get an elf in the shelf last year and didn't find any. This year so far I haven't seen any either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get the orange cone nose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just used a small piece of orange paper and rolled it up like a cone.

    ReplyDelete