Followers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Why didn't I think of this?

This morning I was trolling around on some blogs and found this super cute idea.
I have to give credit to Tracy @: http://kindnessmatters-tracylaf.blogspot.com/2011/02/re-usere-purposere-cyle.html
I always save jars and pretty bottles... and it runs in the family.
See my niece Kristen's blog @: http://decoratingdiy.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-dont-recycle-i-decoratewith-wine.html
So I was able to "shop" in my closet of shame and find this nice large jar and just the right shade of pink paint.I poured a good amount of paint into the jar and swirled it around until the inside of the jar was covered. It was messy... yikes!
While it sat and dripped I used my Cricut to cut out the black vinyl word, using my Home Accents cartage. I covered the lid with Close To My Hart paper from the Sweetheart paper pack #x7134B and hot glued ribbon to the lid. The whole thing took me about 30 minutes to make. The jar is now sitting by an open window so the paint will finish drying.

5 comments:

  1. That looks great. I've seen these around too, but only in white. I LOVE that you used pink. I'm gonna have to try one!
    (Love your motto about creating at the top of your blog. Amen sistah!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great jar. I have some plastic containers that I recycled. I wonder if it will work with them too?!?! I am a new follower. I hope you will find time to visit. I love meeting new crafty friends.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Cricut Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buffie, I LOVE it! What a cute and wonderful idea! I'll check out your links. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo - a shout out!!! Also, I made a bunch of these out of spice jars a few weeks ago. I haven't posted about them yet because they are part of Leslie's birthday present...shhhh.

    Love the pink, though! Making me want to try some bolder colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute idea@!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete